BIO - Ash Miner, MM, BM
- Began playing violin at the age of 11, in 5th grade with my school orchestra.
- Was quickly told to seek private instruction due to aptitude.
- Participated in Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp for 2 summers.
- Participated at Interlochen Summer Camp for 2 summers, concertmaster in 2004.
- Played in the Symphony, Chamber, and Contemporary String Ensembles in High School.
- Accepted via audition to the Honors Orchestra district programs 2000-2004.
- Concertmaster 2003-2004, 2007-2008. Otherwise, often a section leader.
- Frequently featured as a soloist, particularly with celtic fiddle.
- Mentored the freshman Concert Orchestra in High School.
- Began studying Music Theory in high school.
- Also sang in choirs at church and school.
- Double majored in Music Performance and Music Education as an undergrad.
- Studied violin with Myra Drean, Martha Windscheif, Prof. Daniel Foster, and Gabe Bolkosky.
- Studied viola with Prof. Eva Stern
- Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance in 2008, double majored in Music Education.
- Graduated with my Master's Degree in Music Performance, having also studied viola, in 2010.
- I was the chairman for one of the MTAC's annual junior competitions before deciding to join other organizations. I have successfully prepared students to take the Certificate of Merit (CM) exam.
- I am now an award-winning Royal Conservatory Exam teacher.
- Mainari Music School - Violin & Viola Private Lessons. 2002-Present
- Violin & Substitute Viola Coach & Assistant Conductor for the Community Youth Orchestra of Southern California (CYOSC) 2010-Present
- Assistant Orchestra Director to St. Margaret's Episcopal School. 2012-2013 school year
- McCourt's School of Music in Waterford, MI. 2006-2010
- Eastern Michigan University - Orchestra Graduate Assistant. 2008-2010
- Schaeffer's House of Music in Howell, MI. 2007-2009
- Director of Beginning and Intermediate Orchestras for Oakland Homeschool Music, Inc. (OHMI) in Waterford, MI. 2005-2006
- Orchestra mentor in high school. 2003-2004
- Saddleback Master Chorale
- Community Youth Orchestra of Southern California
- Eastern Michigan University's Symphony Orchestra 2004-2010, concertmaster 2007-2008.
- Eastern Michigan University's Collegium Musicum 2007-2008
- Undergraduate and graduate degree solo recital programs 2007, 2008, and 2010.
- Frequently performs in chamber ensembles for weddings and other gigs
- Waterford Kettering High School Orchestras: Symphony, Chamber, and Contemporary Strings Ensemble. 2000-2004
- National Performances:
- Disney World, Florida - High School Symphony Orchestra Champions, featured as a soloist. 2003
- Toured Williamsburg, Virginia with High School Symphony Orchestra, featured as a soloist. 2002
- Toured southern Michigan with the Eastern Michigan University Symphony Orchestra
- All division 1 ratings (highest possible rating) for Solo & Ensemble Competition Festival performances as a soloist from 1998 - 2004.
- All division 1 and 2 ratings for Solo & Ensemble Competition Festival performances in a quartet chamber ensemble from 2000-2004.
- First student from Waterford School District invited to the Michigan Youth Arts Festival (MYAF) in 2004.
- Began playing violin in 5th grade, first generation of string players in my school district at that grade and second generation for the city.